Home/Blog/Six Major Problems Of Hydraulic Solenoid Valves
Six Major Problems Of Hydraulic Solenoid Valves
Hydraulic solenoid valve is also called an electromagnetic directional control valve that has a loss during regular operation, and the damage will reach a certain level, which will cause the solenoid valve to malfunction and cannot work. The parts of the directional solenoid valve that are prone to failure as follow conditions:
1. The Push Rod In The Solenoid Tube Wear Becomes Shorter The push rod in the solenoid tube acts to push the spool to move when the armature moves. The push rod and the spool are not integrated; therefore, in constant contact, it is bound to cause wear and tear. After long-term high-frequency impact, it is likely to wear and become significantly shorter. At this point, the valve spool is not in place, which affects the operation of the directional solenoid valve. Replace the push rode to resolve the problem. Note that the new pushrod size should be the same as the original one.
2. The Solenoid Coil Is Damaged (Normally Burned) The burning of the electromagnet is also one of the common faults of the electric directional valve. One of the reasons for this is quality problems, such as poor processing of the core, and the wire diameter of the wire is too little to be easily overheated. Faults caused by quality reasons are usually noticeable within a few hours of energization of the hydraulic solenoid Valve. For coil failures after working for some time, most of them are caused by environmental reasons.
3. Wear Of The Outer Diameter Of The Valve Spool The same as the wear of the hole in the valve house. Especially in the case of excessive impurity in the oil, the excessive contaminants will aggravate the wear of the solenoid valve spool. Although such wear can not be avoided entirely, to extend the service life of the hydraulic solenoid Valve and maintain an excellent working condition, the cleanliness of the hydraulic oil should be checked regularly, and the excessive contamination of the hydraulic oil should be dealt with in time. The unique material of the three-wing solenoid valve spool has a hardness of up to HRC60. Compared with the standard hydraulic solenoid Valve spool, FINOTEK hydraulic solenoid Valve has better wear resistance, so the service life is greatly enhanced.
4. The Fatigue Or Breakage Of Reset Spring This type of fault has a specific relationship with the material selection of the spring. The Finotek hydraulic solenoid Valve uses the imported high steel wire spring. The surface is blackened, has good elasticity and fatigue resistance. The strengthening of the surface treatment process can effectively prevent the spring from being corroded and has a high service life. In the event of such a failure, both springs must be replaced at the same time, and the length must match the design value of the hydraulic solenoid Valve.
5. The Wear Of The Hole Of The Valve House There is frequent reciprocating movement between the valve core and the valve house hole. Although the valve spool of the hydraulic solenoid valve is designed with an oil groove, the contact surface can be filled with oil to minimize the friction, but according to the working nature of the hydraulic solenoid Valve, The wear of the hole in the solenoid valve house cannot be completely avoided. The valve house of the solenoid valve is made of ductile iron is strengthen the hardness of the valve house, which delays the wear and deformation of the hole in the valve house to some extent. The wear of the hole in the valve house can be repaired or replaced as needed. When returning, it is necessary to pay attention to whether the new valve house can be matched with the components of the original hydraulic solenoid Valve, such as solenoid tubes and sealing rings, valve spool, etc, but we do not recommend our customers to replace the valve house directly, since it needed to be tested after assembly in order to make sure of the excellent operation of the valve.
6. Uncommon problems The above are the five most common problems with hydraulic solenoid Valves. They may also be other unusual problems, such as voltage, current instability, large shock fluctuations, and burnout. And according to the working principle of the electromagnet, when the hydraulic solenoid Valve spool is stuck, and the armature cannot be moved into its working position after the electromagnet is energized, the coil temperature will rise sharply at this time, and it is easy to cause burning in a short time. Most of the solenoid valve coil failures. Therefore, in the actual maintenance, if the coil burns out, first check whether the work of the solenoid valve is smooth. After removing the fault such as the valve spool, replace the new coil; otherwise the coil may still be burnt after replacement. The inner thread of the coil of the hydraulic solenoid valve of FT- WE6 is M20x1. The value of the coil of different manufacturers may be different. The inner diameter and length of the replaced coil must be the same as the original product; otherwise it cannot be used. Please contact Finotek company for any replacement of our valves, as an original valve supplier and easily maintenance for your side.