Almost all machines require proactive maintenance for efficient and long working. If the root causes of these machines are not detected, they might lead to complete equipment failure. So, their maintenance and routinely service is mandatory!
Maintenance of hydraulic systems has always been costly and time consuming as well. You might have spent heavy amounts on repairing the impaired parts. Many of these problems discussed below might have caught your attention while using your excavator.
Is your excavator having any of these problems?
Many issues related to the hydraulic systems in excavators are identified below.
- One of the most common phenomena associated with this system is ‘over heating’. The main reason is associated with viscosity.
- Due to the generation of heat, dropping of pressure has always been one of the major issues. In order to solve this problem, just look for the components responsible for heat generation and change them out.
- Another problem is the bursting of rubber piping. They need to be replaced consistently. Moreover they are more prone to wear and tear. They need proper attention.
- Over time the hydraulic systems in excavators start operating very slow. This might make your work hectic and time consuming as well.
- Generating some abnormal sounds is also very irritating. This noise is usually caused by cavitation or aerations.
However, every problem comes with its solutions. So do these hydraulic systems. The maintenance of the counterparts needs major attraction.
- Changing hydraulic oil
Your hydraulic oil may look clean, but actually it’s not! Over time this hydraulic oil breaks down and tends to lose its viscosity. One of the main reasons of having right hydraulic oil is that it absorbs moisture within the system. So, if the hydraulic oil is not consistently changed it will completely lose its tendency to protect the components present within the hydraulic systems.
- Checking main device before operation
Before the operation of excavator, main advice from the instructor is very essential. One should have proper guidance about its working, only then it will provide more efficiency.
Keeping manuals is also advisable. It will guide the consumer to use and maintain the excavator to the best of its abilities.
- Replacing the parts from a reliable supplier
This is a major issue associated with almost all machineries. However, in case of excavators you should go to a reliable supplier. This is because if the components you replaced are not worthy enough for work, they will easily get damaged, and will need early replacement. This can prove costly. So, make your right choice before!
- Keeping Records
You might think keeping records of the condition of your excavator is not note worthy. However, if you keep yourself up to date with all its service records, you might get insight of the service life of your excavator. This will also help in evaluating the performance of your machine. Moreover, you will also get a better idea about the manufacturer’s product, and next time you might buy from a better brand.
Uses of Excavators:
In order to perform various specific functions, wide varieties of excavators are used today. Main functions performed by excavators are listed below:
- Dredging of rivers
- Snow removal
- Digging deep tranches and holes
- Handling massive material
- Leveling of land area
Major Components of Excavators:
One of the most important components of Excavators is ‘Control Valves’.
Why Using Excavator Valves In Cartridge Style Instead Of Modular Type:
The Cartridge Valve alters the direction of hydraulic oil. Moreover, they also monitor the pressure and control the flow rate in power packs. The cartridge valves come with numerous distinctive features:
- They have an impact structure, thus saving space.
- They are more responsive to hydraulic signals
- They can easily control the pressure
- Regulating the flow rate is also simple
- Cartridge valves are well known for improving productivity and competitiveness.
And the cartridge valves are widely used in:
- Construction Machinery
- Agricultural Machinery
- Industrial Fields
- Material handling machinery
Importance of Excavator Valves:
- These valves are specifically designed to improve the efficiency of the fuel.
- Moreover, they also play a helping hand in providing the Excavators with precise control.
Almost all hydraulic systems in excavators carry this type of cartridge valves. They are also known as ‘Pressure Relief Valve’ or ‘relief’. Its main components are the valve body, and spool and spring. It is basically sorted into two parts:
- ‘P’ port for the oil inlet port
- ‘T’ port for pressure outlet
Cartridge Solenoid Valve In Excavators
As the name illustrates, this type of cartridge valve uses a solenoid. This solenoid is basically installed to convert the input current into magnetic field. It carries a magnet which exerts a pulling or pushing force in the presence of a magnetic field.
What Function of Main Pressure Relief Valve In Excavators:
It is designed to manage and control the working pressures accumulating within the hydraulic systems. It means that its sole purpose is to control the pressure, not generate it.
The main excavator valves in excavators as pressure controlling device is main pressure relief valves, called relief valves as well. Their main function is to maintain the work pressure. They are also installed to protect the machine, and to make sure that the system’s pressure is within normal range.
So, the main pressure relief valves (Excavator valves) in excavators are surely a very important component of excavators. In order to improve the life of these excavators, efficient valves should be used. Installing good valves will not only improve the service life of hydraulic systems in excavators, but will also enhance work output.
Sharing with us if you have got any problems of repairing your excavator, or any news concerning excavators you want to know?